Following a long lasting tradition, The NSS 2019 in Manchester will be held simultaneously with the 2019 Medical Imaging Conference and the 26th International Symposium on Room Temperature X Ray and Gamma Ray detectors, bringing together one of the largest community of radiation detector experts in the world. The meeting, which will be in the United Kingdom for the first time, will offer a unique opportunity for scientists and engineers working in the field of radiation instrumentation to network, present new results and discuss the latest developments in a large variety of application fields in a vibrant environment.
The NSS program has changed from the past years to take into account the latest trends in detector technology, radiation detection, detector materials, new instrumentation techniques, and their implementation in high energy and nuclear physics, astrophysics, accelerators, national nuclear security, and many other applications in various types of radiation environments. Since many developments have strong overlaps in several fields Joint Sessions will be held with the MIC and RTSD, while special topic workshops will cover areas of specific interest. Short Courses on a variety of traditional as well as novel topics of interest to the NSS community are also being offered.
Authors are invited to submit papers describing original unpublished work in the following topics:
- Analog and Digital Front End Electronics Systems
- Readout, Trigger and DAQ
- Astrophysics and Space Instrumentation
- Computing and Simulation
- Fast detectors, Fast electronics and applications
- Dosimeters and Applications
- Gaseous Detectors and Applications
- High Energy and Nuclear Physics Instrumentation Systems
- Instrumentation for Homeland, Nuclear Security
- Neutron Detectors and Gamma Imaging Applications
- Nuclear reactor instrumentation and nuclear characterization techniques
- Scintillators, Photo-detectors and Applications
- Strip and Pixel Detectors (hybrid, monolithic, 3D)
- Radiation hardness of detectors and systems
- Synchrotron, FEL, and XFEL detectors including spectroscopy and crystallography
- Novel and emerging detector technologies and applications
We invite you to come to Manchester and contribute to the excellent program we plan to have! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions or if we can help with any aspects of the program.
We look forward to seeing you at NSS 2019!
Cinzia Da Via
The University of Manchester